Monday, October 20, 2008

Angling an Obsession: Part IV

For this week I decided to go in a slightly different direction. Instead of focusing on making photographs that capture what my obsession with fishing this weekend, I decided to spend my weekend hunting down every single fishing photograph that I could find. In these pictures, not only can you see the size of the fish that the person caught, but also the look on their faces usually aptly describes what it feels like to "land a lunker". I haven't been able to get in to start scanning the photographs/negatives yet, but I will bring them to class to show and ask you about the direction I want to go with these photographs.

The way that I perceive this portion of the project going, I would scan them all into the computer to make a collage of "overwhelming proportions". Since I found what I would say is over a thousand images (excluding any doubles of course), I believe that I will be able to achieve a print that is of overwhelming proportions. Looking forward to hearing everyone's take on this idea in class on Wednesday.

No comments: